Friday, August 3, 2012

New Profile Pic Photoshop Project


One of the first things I made when designing my portfolio website project was create a fun profile picture. One thing I have learned is that designing for yourself is so much harder than designing anything for a client. Oi! I second guess myself more than anything and its more difficult to be decisive. I keep asking myself "Does this really represent my business and style?", "What is my style?", "Is this what I really want?"
I don't think I have done more research on any of my design projects than the time and energy it took just to get a general idea of what I wanted the look and feel of Pixel Dust Graphic Designs to be. And I always do a lot of research. 

You would think that with all my experience I would be able to put together a great concept in no time, but It must be true we really can be our worst critics. 




2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! It's so fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! This could help me out with my business. I'll be looking forward for your other posts as well. Keep it up! Thank you so much for sharing this information. You have such an awesome page. I'd just like to share this one: From 1891 to 1896, William Morris' Kelmscott Press published books that are some of the most significant of the graphic design products of the Arts and Crafts movement, and made a very lucrative business of creating books of great stylistic refinement and selling them to the wealthy for a premium. Morris proved that a market existed for works of graphic design in their own right and helped pioneer the separation of design from production and from fine art. The work of the Kelmscott Press is characterized by its obsession with historical styles. This historicism was, however, important as it amounted to the first significant reaction to the stale state of nineteenth-century graphic design. Morris' work, along with the rest of the Private Press movement, directly influenced Art Nouveau and is indirectly responsible for developments in early twentieth century graphic design in general. Contact us today to learn how we can use our graphic design experience to tackle your next project and give it the exact look you want.
    Graphic Design Danvers MA

    ReplyDelete