Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Longhorn Gum (Silent film infomercial from 1892)


             I started making fun short films with my family members about seven years ago. My first scripted film was with a video cassette camcorder and my two little brothers acted out a little scene and we played with different angels and such. And it has caught on from there. This year for Christmas Eve my visiting family and I put together a christmas music video to bring in the festive cheer, and it was one of our favorite memories from that Christmas. So of course you can imagine when my video editing instructor gave us the assignment to put together a three minute infomercial that we had to script, film and edit ourselves, I was up for the challenge.
          This was such a fun project. And my brother, as always, was such a good sport about it, and made it made it fun to film him. I came up with the idea to make a infomercial that was a silent film set back in the late 1800's and was stuck on what I should make be the product. It just goes to show, you can do a lot with just a simple idea even a stick of gum. I designed all the titles and words including the gum packaging. I enjoyed doing the research for the time period. Even the house that we filmed at was an old hotel built in 1892. I hope you enjoy the Infomercial and remember to chew Longhorn gum or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment